Notification for 3 Feb 2020
Please note: For cards issued prior to 3 February 2020, please be aware that from 3 April 2020, the product is moving to a limited network product and will no longer be e-money. This means the funds for the card will be held by GVS Gift Voucher Shop DAC in a client bank account rather than held by GVS Prepaid Limited. For our previous Terms & Conditions click here.
The One4all Bikes4work Collection Card is available in euro (€) only. The Card is not a credit card, or a charge card, nor is it a debit card linked to a current account. It is a prepaid card which means that money must be loaded onto the Card before use. Once one Business Day has elapsed from the date of load, Cardholders can use the Card for a once only transaction to pay for the purchase of a bicycle and related equipment at participating retailer outlets. This Card has been provided either 1) to your Employer for issuance to you; or 2) to you on behalf of your Employer by GVS Voucher Shop DAC “GVS”/”us”/”we” a company having its registered office at Unit 2, Swords Business Park, Swords, Dublin, K67 PX82.
The Card is issued by your Employer to allow participants in the scheme to exchange the value on the Card for eligible goods under the Irish Government’s Cycle to Work scheme. Certain limits apply to the Card. A maximum value of €1,000 may be loaded onto the Card at the time of provision, and the minimum load value is €15. Additional amounts may not be loaded onto the Card at any time. Interest will not be payable in respect of Card balances.
The Card can only be used once in a single Card Transaction. Any balance left on the Card after the single Card Transaction will be unavailable for use by the Cardholder. Any refund of balances on the Card will be paid only to the Employer following a written request from the Employer to GVS.
“Agreement” means the Agreement between you and us which includes these terms and conditions.
“Business Day” means any day from Monday to Friday excluding Irish bank or public holidays.
“Card” means the One4all Bikes4work Collection Card, a prepaid card denominated in euro, or any replacement card which we issue to you from time to time.
“Cardholder/you” means the individual who has been provided with the Card by the Employer in order to participate in the One4all Bikes4work scheme.
“Card Transaction” means any transaction whereby the Card is used to pay for a bicycle and related equipment allowable under the Government’s Cycle to work scheme at Participating Retailers.
“Data Protection Laws” means all applicable laws and regulations relating to data protection, the processing of personal data and privacy in Ireland, including but not limited to i) the Data Protection Acts 1988-2003; ii) the Data Protection Act 2018; iii) the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (“GDPR”); and iv) and the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services)(Privacy and Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2011 together with any legislation which replaces it.
‘Employer” means the operator of the scheme that has signed up to the One4all Bikes4work scheme and is the owner of the funds on the One4ll Bikes4work Collection Card.
“Ireland” means the Republic of Ireland.
“Participating Retailer” means a supplier of bicycles and related equipment in Ireland which has agreed to accept the Card in exchange for a bicycle and related equipment. A list of participating retailers can be found on the Bikes4work Website.
“Website” means the One4all Bike4work website www.bikes4work.ie
For lost or stolen Cards - 01 870 8111
For balance enquiries – visit the Website or call 01 696 9031 or text the Card number to
For queries or disputes relating to previous transactions – 01 870 8111
To redeem the balance on your Card - 01 870 8111
*Network charges may apply
- The use of the Card is subject to the terms of this Agreement as may be varied by us from time to time. The current version of this Agreement is available on the Website. Purchase and/or use of the Card constitutes your acceptance of this Agreement.
- The Card will not be personalised; the Cardholders name will not be printed on the Card nor will we hold information about you that will link the Card to you. The Card is transferable by delivery. We will assume, unless otherwise advised, that the person using the Card is the rightful user of the Card.
- The Card will normally be available for use within one Business Day from the date of delivery to you; the Card may not be used in the intervening period.
- Please record your Card number; the Card number will be needed to check your Card balance or if your Card is lost or stolen (see Clauses 9 and 10 of this Agreement).
- You may use the Card, for one transaction only (even if the Card balance has not reached zero).
- Your Employer may at any time, subject to payment of the redemption fee, request repayment of any credit balance on the Card. You should return the Card to your Employer to arrange any redemption and adjustment to any tax liabilities that this event may incur. For further details phone us on 01-870 8111.
- PROTECTING YOUR CARD
- You must:
- treat the Card as if it were cash;
- take all reasonable care and precaution in the custody of the Card and keep your Card safe;
- keep your transaction receipt safe and dispose of it carefully; and
- never give your Card number or any other Card information to anyone unless you know who they are and why they need them.
3.2 We recommend that you protect your Card from scratches and exposure to magnets which may damage the Card and result in it not being readable when presented at a Participating Retailer as a form of payment.
- USING YOUR CARD
- The Card may only be used in one Participating Retailer. The up to date list of Participating Retailers is available on the Website. You may only use your Card in store at one of the Participating Retailers.
- We will debit the amount of the Card Transaction to the Card at the time the transaction takes place. You must not use the Card to spend more than the Card balance at any time. If you attempt to spend more than the Card balance your transaction will be declined.
- If you do not spend all the money on the Card in one Card Transaction you will not be able to use the remaining balance. The remaining balance will stay on the Card until the Employer requests a refund of the balance or the balance has reached zero after the Inactive Balance Charge has been activated. Please see section 5, Fees and Charge for details.
- You cannot stop a Card Transaction after it has been authorised. You authorise a Card Transaction by following the instructions provided by the Participating Retailer to authorise a Card Transaction, which includes:
- swiping the Card over the card reader;
- where requested to do so, signing a receipt for the relevant Card Transaction;
- providing Card number and/or other details as requested.
The amount of the Card Transaction must be confirmed with the Participating Retailer at the time of authorisation.
- We will not issue statements. You can obtain your Card balance or obtain information about your Card Transaction by logging onto the Website or by calling the automated balance enquiry line on 01 906 8547. You are responsible for monitoring your Card balance and for ensuring that there are sufficient funds on the Card to pay for the Card Transaction. The up to date Card balance and any recent Card Transaction will be available to view the same day. You can print out the transaction history for your records.
- If at any time you believe that a Card Transaction has been incorrectly debited to your Card you must notify us immediately by calling 01 870 8111. If requested, you must put your query in writing. We will investigate the transaction and, if appropriate, reinstate the incorrectly debited amount on your Card on completion of our investigation unless we reasonably believe that you are responsible for the transaction.
- Your Card does not expire. If you have funds remaining on the Card at the ‘Valid Thru’ date on the front of the Card and you have not used your Card for a Card Transaction, you should contact us, and we will issue a new Card to you. Please note that while your Card does not expire, a monthly Inactive Balance Charge will be applied if any funds remain on your Card 12 months after its date of purchase. Please see Clause 5 below.
- We will not be liable for defects in any goods or services paid for using the Card. Any queries or complaints about such goods or services should be addressed to the relevant Participating Retailer.
- FEES AND CHARGES Fees
- The amounts of fees and details of when they will be payable are set out in the table below. Fees will be debited directly to the Card as they arise.
Inactive Balance Charge
5.2 A monthly inactive balance charge of €1.45 (or the credit balance on the Card, if lower) will be charged after the Card has been in issue for 12 months. This charge will start to be applied from the following month and will continue until such times as the balance on the Card is zero and this Agreement is terminated.
Redemption Fee (this applies where your Employer contacts us to redeem the balance on the Card in accordance with Clauses 2.6 and 9).
€8 fee or the balance on the Card, if lower
Card Replacement Fee (if the Card is lost, stolen or not useable and we issue a replacement Card at your request)
€5 fee per Card
Inactive Balance Charge
€1.45 per month, or remaining balance on Card if lower
- We reserve the right always to introduce new terms and/or to vary or amend an existing term (including, without limitation, change the existing fees or introduce new fees) by giving you at least one months’ notice thereof on the Website or by whatever means we, in accordance with applicable legislation, deem appropriate at that time. You will be deemed to have accepted such revised Agreement, unless you tell us that you do not agree to the change prior to the change taking effect. In such circumstance, your rejection of the change shall be treated as notification that you wish to terminate this Agreement. We will refund the balance on your Card to your Employer in accordance with the Clause 9 (Redemption) below.
- RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF THE CARD
- The following Card limits will apply:
Minimum Load Amount €15 Maximum Load Amount €1,000
- The Card belongs to us. We may, at our reasonable discretion and without prior notice to you, restrict the use or operation of the Card in circumstances where:
- you are in breach of this Agreement
- we have reasonable grounds to suspect unauthorised use of the Card, fraud, theft or dishonesty; or
- we have any legal, regulatory or other objectively justifiable reason.
In such circumstances, we will be entitled to take such steps as we consider reasonably necessary to:
- block the use or operation of the Card;
- refuse to allow or authorise a Card Transaction;
- suspend, restrict or terminate your right to use the Card;
- withdraw the Card; or
- refuse to replace the Card.
This may include us or any person acting on our behalf (including a Participating Retailer or another company within our group) retaining the Card at any time without notice to you.
Where we take any such steps, we will notify you and give our reasons for doing so as soon as we are permitted to do so when you contact us. Where the Card is blocked, and you believe it may be because of the circumstances above please contact us on 01 870811 and we will advise you as to how the block may be removed or will issue you with a replacement Card (if after our investigation we believe the relevant circumstances which described above no longer apply). We may ask you to return the Card to us (cut in half vertically).
7.3 You must not use the Card:
- after any notification of its withdrawal is given to you; or
- once the Card balance reaches zero; or
- as payment for any illegal purchase.
- RESTRICTED TRANSACTIONS
- The Card can be used to purchase a bicycle and related equipment in Ireland in accordance with the Government’s Cycle to Work scheme. The Card may not be used abroad.
- The Card cannot be used in automated teller machines (“ATMs”) to obtain cash.
- The Card cannot be used for online purchases.
- The Employer may at any time request us to repay any remaining balance on the Card by calling us on 01 870 8111 and quoting the Card number. You must return the Card to the Employer if instructed and not use your Card after a request to repay the balance has been made. In order to allow any outstanding Card Transactions to clear, we will refund the balance to the Employer by bank transfer to your Employer’s nominated bank account less any applicable fees (see Clause 5), within seven Business Days of receipt of such a request except:
*during the Cancellation Period as set out in Clause 11.1;
*during the 12 months following the termination of this Agreement; or
*when you are cancelling your Card because you object to a change, we have made to this Agreement under Clause 6.1.
- We will not be able to process a refund directly to you as you or your Employer may then be subject to a tax liability. You must speak to the person who gave it to you if you are looking for a refund.
- THEFT, LOSS OR MISUSE OF CARD
- You should treat the Card as if it were cash. If the Card is lost, stolen, damaged or fails to operate correctly or if the Card number becomes known to any unauthorised person you must immediately notify Customer Services (details below). You must quote the Card number; if you do not quote the Card number, we will not be able to cancel the Card or issue a replacement Card under Clause 10.3. If your notification is made orally it must be confirmed in writing within fourteen days. Notification should be made to:
GVS Gift Voucher Shop DAC, PO Box 8942,
Telephone: (01) 870 8111
10.2. No financial compensation scheme exists in respect of the Card. You will remain liable for any debit to the Card arising from unauthorised use of the lost or stolen Card before you notify us in accordance with Clause 10.1, except where there has been fraud or negligence by us.
- Following notification under Clause 10.1, if there is a credit balance on the Card, we will cancel the original Card and will send a replacement Card (with the appropriate credit loaded on to the replacement Card) to your Employer. We cannot issue a replacement Card if you cannot tell us the original Card number. To allow for the processing of any pending Card Transaction, we will wait seven Business Days prior to issuing any replacement Card. A fee will be payable for any replacement Card in accordance with Clause 5 above. The amount of this fee will be deducted from the balance on the replacement Card.
- If you subsequently find the original Card, you must notify us immediately, and you must not use the original Card.
- PARTICIPATING RETAILERS
- It will be necessary in all cases, for a Participating Retailer to obtain authorisation from us to honour a particular Card Transaction; this is to ensure that there are sufficient funds on the Card. We may refuse to authorise a Card Transaction at any time if there are insufficient funds on the Card.
- A Participating Retailer may not always be able to obtain authorisation from us (for example, if there is a problem with the phone line between the Participating Retailer’s premises and our authorisation centre). If this happens, we will not be responsible if you are unable to use the Card for a particular Card Transaction. Furthermore, we will not be liable for the refusal of any Participating Retailer to accept or honour the Card for any reason.
- If a Participating Retailer becomes liable to make a refund to you, we will not credit the amount of any refund to the Card. All refunds are a matter between you and the relevant Participating Retailer.
- The list of retailers may change from time to time and retailers listed may withdraw from the programme at any time. An up to date list of Participating Retailers is available on the Website.
- DATA PROTECTION
- We collect and process personal data (such as name, address and e-mail address) when you apply for a Card. We use this data to deliver the Card(s) to you or the person we have been requested to send the Card to. We may also collect such personal data when you contact us for us to assist with a query about the Card you hold or to process a Card redemption request.
- We will only share your personal data with third parties and with other companies in the GVS group of companies to provide Card delivery or customer contact centre services on our behalf.
12.4 We will not use your personal data for marketing unless you opt in to receiving marketing information. If you have provided such opt-in, we may from time to time contact you with details of products and services we think may be of interest to you. If you no longer want to receive such communications, please advise Customer Services.
12.3 You explicitly consent to us accessing, processing and retaining any information you provide to us for the purposes of providing payment services to you. This does not affect any rights and obligations you or we have under the Data Protection Laws.
- We will not be liable for any delay or failure in performing any of our obligations in respect of the Card, including without limitation any refunds resulting from incorrectly executed or unauthorised transactions, where such delay or failure occurs because of any abnormal or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our reasonable control, the consequences of which could not have been avoidable despite our efforts to the contrary, or where such delay or failure arose because of our obligations under any applicable law. Nothing in this Agreement limits or excludes our liability where this cannot be limited or exclude by law.
- The accounts and records kept by us or on our behalf shall, in the absence of an obvious error, constitute sufficient evidence of any facts or events relied upon by us in connection with any Card Transaction or matter or dealing in relation to the Card.
- We may disclose details of the Card to any person acting as our agent in connection with the use or issue of the Card.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
- All communications under this Agreement will be in English.
- We may record or monitor phone calls with you for training purposes, to enable instructions to be verified and to assess whether our service standards are being met.
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of the service offered, please contact Customer Services on (01) 870 8111 or write to Customer Services at:
c/o PO Box 8942, Malahide,
We will be pleased to help and explain the complaints procedure in more detail. A copy of the Complaints Procedure is available upon request. We will try and resolve your complaint as soon as possible. Often, however, the complaint will need to be investigated. In most cases we will provide a full response to your complaint within fifteen (15) Business Days after the day on which we receive your complaint.
Effective from 8th January 2020.